Supervisor: Dr. techn. Florian Metzger
The seminars of our chair take place despite the current situation. You can find further information in the corresponding WueCampus course.
This semester we offer the following seminar topics. If you are interested, please contact the assistants listed below. Unless otherwise stated, the seminars are suitable for both Bachelor and Master programmes.
- SDN Control Plane: The Brain of SDN Networks (Betreuer: Alexej Grigorjew) (assigned)
- Advanced Control Plane Aspects: Placement and Resilience (Betreuer: Alexej Grigorjew) (assigned)
- SDN Data Plane: Packetforwarding in Software-based Networks (Betreuer: Nicholas Gray)(assigned)
- The Southbound Interface: OpenFlow and Co. (Betreuer: Nicholas Gray)(assigned)
- SDN in the Datacenter: Usecases and Challenges (Betreuer: Katharina Dietz) (assigned)
- SDN outside the Datacenter: SD-WAN and Co. (Betreuer: Katharina Dietz) (assigned)
- SDN Features: An overview (Betreuer: Stefan Geißler) (assigned)
- SDN and Beyond: NFV and P4 (Betreuer: Stefan Geißler) (assigned)
Attending the introductory course is compulsory for seminar participants. In this course the general rules as well as expectations for presentation and elaboration are discussed. It will take place on Wednesday, April 29th, 2020 at 14:15 in SE III in the Computer Science building.
The seminar is held as a fortnightly, ongoing event during the semester. The first date in summer semester is the Wednesday, June 3rd, 2020 at 14:15.
The seminar participants must contact their supervisor in a timely and independent manner to discuss the topic with him or her. We attach great importance to a professional talk. This includes both the content and the way of presenting.
The participants have to familiarize themselves with their topic and prepare a didactically well-prepared talk of 30 to 35 minutes. The material is provided by the supervisor. He*she is available for questions. Further study of literature is often expected, depending on the topic. The written elaboration of the topic is compulsory according to the examination regulations.
Two weeks before the official presentation date, we request a rehearsal presentation to practice and improve the talk. This one is mandatory. Some supervisors have business trips and other appointments, so they are time-bound. Therefore, the appointment must be coordinated with the supervisor in advance. We expect the participants to prepare for the rehearsal presentation and practice their talk several times with fellow students beforehand. Any feedback from fellow students should be incorporated.
Participants who have not prepared an appropriate final presentation in time are moved to the next semester. Unfortunately, it is not possible to postpone the presentation dates at short notice. Being present at all presentations of the seminar is compulsory for all participants. The presence is monitored.