Supervisor: Dr. rer. nat. Michael Seufert
The seminars of our chair take place despite the current situation. You can find further information in the corresponding WueCampus course.
This semester we offer the following seminar topics. If you are interested, please contact the assistants listed below. Unless otherwise stated, the seminars are suitable for both Bachelor and Master programmes.
- New Metrics for Web QoE (Betreuer: Kathrin Borchert) (already taken)
- Interplay of User Behavior and QoE for Web Browsing (Betreuer: Kathrin Borchert) (already taken)
- Performance Studies of Competing TCP/UDP Flows (Betreuer: Dr. Michael Seufert) (already taken)
- Performance Studies of Competing WLAN Access (Betreuer: Dr. Michael Seufert) (already taken)
- Techniques for Web Traffic Classification and Fingerprinting for Browsing (Betreuer: Nikolas Wehner) (already taken)
- Internet Access in High Speed Trains (Betreuer: Nikolas Wehner) (already taken)
Despite the current limitations of the chair's daily work, the seminar will take place in the summer semester. You will find the schedule and current dates in the corresponding WueCampus course, to which you will be invited by your supervisor.
The seminar will be held as a block seminar. The actual dates for presentation will be announced during the semester in WueCampus and via e-mail.
The seminar participants must contact their supervisor in a timely and independent manner to discuss the topic with him or her. We attach great importance to a professional talk. This includes both the content and the way of presenting.
The participants have to familiarize themselves with their topic and prepare a didactically well-prepared talk of 20 to 25 minutes. The material is provided by the supervisor. He*she is available for questions. Further study of literature is often expected, depending on the topic. The written elaboration of the topic is compulsory according to the examination regulations.
Two weeks before the official presentation date, we request a rehearsal presentation to practice and improve the talk. This one is mandatory. Some supervisors have business trips and other appointments, so they are time-bound. Therefore, the appointment must be coordinated with the supervisor in advance. We expect the participants to prepare for the rehearsal presentation and practice their talk several times with fellow students beforehand. Any feedback from fellow students should be incorporated.
Participants who have not prepared an appropriate final presentation in time are moved to the next semester. Unfortunately, it is not possible to postpone the presentation dates at short notice. Being present at all presentations of the seminar is compulsory for all participants. The presence is monitored.