Applicants must meet the following requirements for admission to the XtAI programme:
- A degree in a Bachelor's programme (acquisition of 180 ECTS credits) at a domestic or foreign university or an equivalent domestic or foreign degree (e.g. state examination) with an average grade of 2.5 or better.
- Competences totalling at least 20 ECTS credits or the equivalent in the field of mathematics, normally acquired in the course of the studies referred to in point (1)
- Competences totalling at least 80 additional ECTS credits or equivalent in the field of computer science.
- Competences from a thesis of at least 10 ECTS credits with a topic from computer science according to the ECTS points scheme used at the JMU for the bachelor program in computer science.
- Proof of English language skills at least at level B2 of the "Common European Framework of Reference for Languages" (CEFR) in an appropriate manner, for example by
- Test of English as a Foreign Language with at least 72 points (internet-based TOEFL test)
- The International English Language Test System (IELTS) with a score of 6.0 or better
- A Cambridge First Certificate in English (FCE)
- An at least satisfactory grade in English (corresponding to at least 7 out of 15 points) in a domestic university entrance qualification (UEQ)
- A foreign UEQ with proven knowledge of the English language which is at least equivalent to the above-mentioned UEQ
- Proof that you have already completed a course of training (in particular as part of the first degree course mentioned under 1) above) with English language skills at the level mentioned under 4.1) to 4.4)
In addition, the aptitude for the Master's programme in XtAI is determined in an aptitude procedure.
For the Master programme XtAI, basic knowledge of the German language at least on level A2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) must be proven by the end of the first year of study at the latest.
XtAI aptitude test
To prepare for the XtAI aptitude exam, we recommend the following literature.
If you are in the process of completing your degree, please read the information below.
For applicants who are in the final stage of their studies at the time of application and the required degree cannot yet be proven, admission to the Master's programme with resolutory condition can be granted for the immediately following semester under the following conditions:
- Proof of at least 150 ECTS credits or, in the case of subjects that are not modularised in the sense of ECTS, of credits to the corresponding extent at the time of application in the first degree programme according to Requirements point (1).
- Proof of competences acquired at the time of application from modules totalling at least 20 ECTS credits or the equivalent in the field of mathematics, normally acquired in the course of the study programme mentioned in Requirements point (1).
- Proof of competences acquired at the time of application from modules totalling at least 80 additional ECTS credits or equivalent in the field of computer science.
- Proof of English language skills at the time of application as described in Requirements point (4).
- In addition, the aptitude for the Master's program in XtAI is determined in an aptitude procedure.