In addition to the projects listed on this page, we serve as contract researchers in industry projects. Most of this research is carried out using nondisclosure or confidentiality agreements. If you are interested in doing a research and development project with us or need consultancy service please contact Prof. Dr. Andreas Nüchter.
- The 3DTK - The 3D Toolkit. A collection of 3D point cloud processing programs.
- The Robotic 3D Scan Repository. An Archive of 3D data from / for robotic experiments.
- International cooperation. A meta project for organizing cooperation with international scientists.
- 3D-6DoF-Printing. 3D Printing with 6 DoF for medical and technical applications. The project is funded by the Vogel Foundation Dr. Eckernkamp.
- DAEDALUS - Descent And Exploration in Deep Autonomy of Lava Underground Structures. This Open Space Innovation Platform (OSIP) lunar caves-system study is funded by the European Space Agency (ESA). It was extended by a Concurrent Design Facility (CDF) study.
- Deals3D - Cultural Heritage Protection in 3D (Denkmalschutz in 3D). Deals3D is coordinated by the Zentrum für Telematik e.V. and is funded by the German SiFo program (Federal Ministry of Education and Research, BMBF) (Flyer).
- RPS Exact - Development and Integration of a camera-based solution for improving the accuracy in radio therapy (Entwicklung und Integration einer kamerabasierten Lösung zur Verbesserung der Genauigkeit isozentrischer Bestrahlung). It is funded by the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi).
- AutoPV - Mapping of photovoltaic installations and change detection. It is funded by the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi).
- UWSensor - Unterwasser-3D-Sensor. Entwicklung eines auf Projektion strukturierter Lichtmuster basierenden echtzeitfähigen Unterwasser-3D-Sensors is funded by the German maritime program (Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy, BMWi).
- TASTSINN-VR - tactile sensor data glove for training and tele-operation of mining and underwater robots with supporting virtual reality (Taktiler, sensorischer Handschuh für Schulung und Fernbedienung von Bergbau- und Unterwasser-Robotern unterstützt durch virtuelle Realität). It is funded by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) as part of the program bringing technology to people .
- SAUBER3D - Robot-based deburring of injection molded parts made of plastic automatically by means of laser-based reconstruction in 3D (Spritzgussteile aus Kunststoff AUtomatisch und roBoterbasiert Entgraten mittels laserbasierter Rekonstruktion in 3D). It is funded by the Bavarian Ministry of Economic Affairs, Energy and Technology (STMWi).
- TOM - Telematic Observer Mission. Payload camera for small satellite. TOM is coordinated by the Zentrum für Telematik e.V. Within the project we develop visual servoing control suing the payload camera. It is funded by the Bavarian Ministry of Economic Affairs, Energy and Technology (STMWi).
- MUSCHEL-3D - Mobile ship-based underwater mapping for high-precise acquisition using laser scanners (Mobile Unterwasserkartierung vom SCHiff zur hochpräzisen 3D-Erfassung mittels Laserscannen). It is funded by the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi).
- Eins3D - Aiborne-based mission reconnaissance in 3D for fire fighters (Luftbasierte Einsatzumgebungsaufklärung in 3D). Eins3D is coordinated by the Zentrum für Telematik e.V. and is funded by the German SiFo program (Federal Ministry of Education and Research, BMBF) (Flyer).
- 3D-Raumlaser - Development of an integrated laser-based calibration and monitoring system for increasing safety in radio therapy (Entwicklung eines integrierten laserbasierten Kalibrations- und Monitoringsystems zur Erhöhung der Sicherheit und Effizienz in der Strahlentherapie). It is funded by the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi).
- ¡VAMOS! - ¡Viable and Alternative Mine Operating System!. In this H2020 project the development of a telematics interface for a prototype underwater, remotely controlled, mining machine with associated launch and recovery equipment is done. ¡VAMOS! will provide a safe, clean, and low visibility mining technique ans will prove its economic viability for extracting currently unreachable mineral deposits. (Processed at Zentrum für Telematik e.V.)
- MUDDI - My Digital Device Intelligence. MUDDI received Bavarian FLÜGGE funds.
- GSoC 2018 - Google Summer of Code for 3DTK - The 3D Toolkit. 3DTK received support from google.
- Self-calibrating 3D laser scanner and positioning system for data acquisition in turbid water. A DAAD funded PPP project with the INESC robotics lab in Porto, Portugal.
- ThermoBIM - Creating thermal information models of existing buildings by active exploration. A DAAD funded PPP project with our Croatian partners from the ThermalMapper project.
- Semantic sensor data processing using General Purpose Computations on Graphics Processing Units. A DAAD funded PPP project with the Institute of Mathematical Machines (IMM) Warsaw, Poland.
- MiM - Measuring in Motion, EXIST start-up funds for establishing a company, matched with Bavarian FLÜGGE funds. Since September 2016 the company is in operation. For further information, please check the webpage of Measurement in Motion GmbH.