Michael Seufert is now a Professor at University of Augsburg.
Lehrstuhl für Vernetzte Eingebettete Systeme und Kommunikationssysteme
My research interests include the following topics:
- Quality of Experience (QoE) of Internet applications
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning for communication networks (QoE, security)
- Measurement and analytics of (encrypted) network traffic
- Data-driven proactive user-centric network management solutions
- ML-based configuration of industrial networks
- Monitoring, orchestration, and consolidation of edge cloud computing services
- Group-based communication
- Performance analysis and modeling of communication systems
More information on current and past projects can be found here: Projects
- Seufert M.: Statistical Methods and Models based on Quality of Experience Distributions. Quality and User Experience, 6, 1, 3 (1-27) (2020).
- Seufert M., Wassermann S., Casas P.: Considering User Behavior in the Quality of Experience Cycle: Towards Proactive QoE-aware Traffic Management. IEEE Communications Letter. 23, 7, 1145-1148 (2019).
- Seufert M., Wehner N., Casas P.: A Fair Share for All: TCP-inspired Adaptation Logic for QoE Fairness among Heterogeneous HTTP Adaptive Video Streaming Clients. IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management. 16, 2, 475-488 (2019).
- Zinner T., Geissler S., Lange S., Gebert S., Seufert M., Tran-Gia P.: A Discrete-Time Model for Optimizing the Processing Time of Virtualized Network Functions. Computer Networks. 125, 4-14 (2017).
- Casas, P., Seufert, M., Wamser, F., Gardlo, B., Sackl, A., Schatz, R.: Next to You: Monitoring Quality of Experience in Cellular Networks from the End-devices. IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management. 13, 181-196 (2016).
- Seufert, M., Egger, S., Slanina, M., Zinner, T., Hoßfeld, T., Tran-Gia, P.: A Survey on Quality of Experience of HTTP Adaptive Streaming. IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials. 17, 469-492 (2015).
- Wamser, F., Blenk, A., Seufert, M., Zinner, T., Kellerer, W., Tran-Gia, P.: Modeling and Performance Analysis of Application-Aware Resource Management. International Journal of Network Management. 25, 223-241 (2015).
- Hoßfeld, T., Schatz, R., Seufert, M., Hirth, M., Zinner, T., Tran-Gia, P.: Quantification of YouTube QoE via Crowdsourcing. IEEE International Workshop on Multimedia Quality of Experience - Modeling, Evaluation, and Directions (MQoE). , Dana Point, CA, USA (2011)
A comprehensive list of all publications can be found here: Publications
Currently, I am involved in the following teaching activities:
- Seminar on Concepts and Technologies for User-centric Communication Networks
- Practical Course on Analysis and Management of User-centric Communication Networks
- Bachelor Theses
- Master Theses
Topics for Bachelor Theses, Master Theses, or Practical Courses can be requested at any time. A (non exhaustive) list of open topics can also be found here: Open Theses. On demand, these topics can/will also be updated, customized, and/or adjusted towards the specific requirements of the student (e.g., a part of a Master Thesis topic can be covered as a Bachelor Thesis), or there can be additional topics. Please note that the availability of open topics is intended, but cannot be guaranteed. If you are interested in my research topics, simply contact me.
All information about past and current teaching activities can be found here: Teaching