- Lecture Algorithmic Graph Theory (bachelor level)
- Lecture Exact Algorithms (master level)
- Seminar Praktical and Theoretical Aspects of Graph Drawing (bachelor/master)
- Graph Drawing
- Geometric Networks
- Computational Geometry
- Algorithms for Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Graph Algorithms
- 2017–20 member of the editorial boards of the open-access journals JoCG and JGAA
- program co-chair of the conference GD 2013 (with Stephen Wismath) and the workshop EuroCG 2020 (with Steve Chaplick and Philipp Kindermann)
- program committees of the conferences ESA (2013), WAOA (2018), ISAAC (2014, 2011, 2006), GD (2020, 2017, 2015, 2013, 2012, 2006), PacificVis (2013, 2012, 2011), SoCG Video/MM track (2012), AGILE (2010, 2009), Gene&MR (2011, 2010), CALDAM (2018), EuroCG (2019), ICCG (2020), SchematicMapping (2019)
- organizing committee chair of GD 2014 and EuroCG 2020 (with Steve Chaplick and Philipp Kindermann)
- 2011–15 steering committee of the European Symposia on Algorithms (ESA)
- 2012–17 steering committee of the International Symposia on Graph Drawing (GD)
- 2011–17 faculty council of the Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science of the University of Würzburg
dean of the Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Würzburg
vice dean of the Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Würzburg
managing director of the Institute of Computer Science, University of Würzburg
- since 2009:
chair of Algorithms, Complexity, and Knowledge Based Systems at the Institute of Computer Science, University of Würzburg
van Dijk, T.C., Fink, M., Fischer, N., Lipp, F., Markfelder, P., Ravsky, A., Suri, S., Wolff, A.: Block Crossings in Storyline Visualizations. Journal of Graph Algorithms & Applications. 21, 873--913 (2017).
Nöllenburg, M., Wolff, A.: Drawing and Labeling High-Quality Metro Maps by Mixed-Integer Programming. IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics. 17, 626--641 (2011).
Erlebach, T., Hagerup, T., Jansen, K., Minzlaff, M., Wolff, A.: Trimming of Graphs, with Application to Point Labeling. Theory of Computing Systems. 47, 613--636 (2010).
Rutter, I., Wolff, A.: Computing Large Matchings Fast. ACM Transactions on Algorithms. 7, article 1, 21 pages (2010).
Goaoc, X., Kratochvíl, J., Okamoto, Y., Shin, C.-S., Spillner, A., Wolff, A.: Untangling a Planar Graph. Discrete & Computational Geometry. 42, 542--569 (2009).