My research interests include the following topics:
- Quality of Experience (QoE) of Internet applications
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning for networks
- Measurement and analytics of (encrypted) network traffic
- Proactive QoE-aware and socially-aware network traffic management solutions
- Monitoring, orchestration, and consolidation of edge cloud computing services
- Group-based communication
- Performance analysis and modeling of communication systems
More information on current and past projects can be found here: Projects
- Seufert M., Wehner N., Casas P.: A Fair Share for All: TCP-inspired Adaptation Logic for QoE Fairness among Heterogeneous HTTP Adaptive Video Streaming Clients. IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management. 16, 2, 475-488 (2019).
- Seufert, M.: Quality of Experience and Access Network Traffic Management of HTTP Adaptive Video Streaming. Dissertation. University of Würzburg. (2017).
- Zinner T., Geissler S., Lange S., Gebert S., Seufert M., Tran-Gia P.: A Discrete-Time Model for Optimizing the Processing Time of Virtualized Network Functions. Computer Networks. 125, 4-14 (2017).
- Wamser, F., Casas, P., Seufert, M., Moldovan, C., Tran-Gia, P., Hoßfeld, T.: Modeling the YouTube Stack: from Packets to Quality of Experience. Computer Networks. 109, 211-224 (2016).
- Casas, P., Seufert, M., Wamser, F., Gardlo, B., Sackl, A., Schatz, R.: Next to You: Monitoring Quality of Experience in Cellular Networks from the End-devices. IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management. (2016).
- Seufert, M., Egger, S., Slanina, M., Zinner, T., Hoßfeld, T., Tran-Gia, P.: A Survey on Quality of Experience of HTTP Adaptive Streaming. IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials. 17, 469-492 (2015).
- Wamser, F., Blenk, A., Seufert, M., Zinner, T., Kellerer, W., Tran-Gia, P.: Modeling and Performance Analysis of Application-Aware Resource Management. International Journal of Network Management. 25, 223-241 (2015).
- Hoßfeld, T., Schatz, R., Seufert, M., Hirth, M., Zinner, T., Tran-Gia, P.: Quantification of YouTube QoE via Crowdsourcing. IEEE International Workshop on Multimedia Quality of Experience - Modeling, Evaluation, and Directions (MQoE). , Dana Point, CA, USA (2011)
A comprehensive list of all publications can be found here: Publications
Currently, I am involved in the following teaching activities:
- Bachelor Theses
- Master Theses
- Practical Courses
Topics for Bachelor Theses, Master Theses, or Practical Courses can be requested at any time. A (non exhaustive) list of open topics can also be found here: Open Theses. On demand, these topics can/will also be updated, customized, and/or adjusted towards the specific requirements of the student (e.g., a part of a Master Thesis topic can be covered as a Bachelor Thesis), or there can be additional topics. Please note that the availability of open topics is intended, but cannot be guaranteed. If you are interested in my research topics, simply contact me.
All information about past and current teaching activities can be found here: Teaching