Why should you study abroad?
- Gathering new experiences
- Meeting interesting people and getting to know a new culture
- Getting insights into other educational systems
- Improving language competences
- Working on exciting topics at other universities
- Getting insights into different approaches and work processes
- Having a good time
The Department of Computer Science recommends students looking to spend academic time abroad to follow the following guidelines:
- Ensure you have gathered the basics before embarking upon a semester abroad. We therefore recommend students to start thinking about foreign semesters from the third semester onwards.
- Writing your thesis with the foreign institution as second examiner is highly recommended.
- To make sure you get the most out of studies abroad, start planning early - at least one year in advance.
- The department of CS takes care of technical questions, please contact our departmental coordinators. For logistical issues or the formal process of application, the International Students Office is the right place to start.