The programme consists of mandatory seminars and a practical lab (20 ECTS) as well as elective courses (70 ECTS). You can select your elective courses from a wide variety of computer science courses available in the module handbook. Additionally you have to prepare your Master's thesis (25 ECTS) and an associated colloquium (5 ECTS).
This programme can be studied either in German or in English. While all mandatory courses and a large portion of electives are offered in both languages, not all elective courses are available in English. We maintain a list of our English courses.
The regulations consist of the general academic and examination regulations (ASPO), the subject-specific provisons (FSB) and the list of modules (SFB).
- Subject-specific provisons (FSB) (German; official publication on 14.2.2023): Detailed regulations on the degree program
- List of modules (SFB): Lists all programme modules, their credit points, exams and other properties
- Programme progression plans, suggested curriculum (SVP): While you are free to design your own course schedule, we want to provide you with a suggestion that is known to work well inside the standard length of programme
- Module catalogue: Describes the modules of this programme, including the scope of the modules, the responsible lecturers, the competencies to be acquired and the teaching contents
- Programme pages provided by the central academic advisory service
- Overview of all module catalogues and subject-specific provisons provided by the examination office
- Qualification objectives (German): The qualification objectives describe what is to be achieved by the course and provide an orientation of what is expected in the course
- General academic and examination regulations (ASPO, 2015): The ASPO contain legally binding information for all Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs at the University of Würzburg