Please follow these steps to apply to the computer science MSc programme:
- Submit your application documents as outlined on this page of the Service Centre International Affairs. Applications are only possible through our application system WueStudy. In addition to the documents described by the International Office please also fill this Excel sheet and list all relevant courses from your Bachelor's degree. This will help us check the admission requirements.
The requirements of your application documents are further detailed in the Section 4 of the FSB, as well as in the FSB’s Appendix, Section 2 (3).
- Your application documents will be subject to an aptitude test conducted by our department (FSB’s Appendix, Section 4). In case your grades are not sufficiently great, you might still be admitted to the programme for as long as you achieve an accordingly better grade in an aptitude assessment procedure.
- After successfully passing the aptitude test, you will receive a certificate of admission from our department.
- With this certificate, you will need to enrol in the CS MSc programme by registering and paying the semester fees (these are not tuition fees and cover, for instance, use of public traffic in the city of Würzburg). Please follow this link for more information and instructions.
The application deadline for the summer semester is January 15
The application deadline for the winter semester is July 15
If any required documents are not yet available to you until that date you may hand them in until March 15 or September 15 respectively.
Applications for the summer semester 2023 must be submitted through WueStudy
The subject-specific provisions in the current revision of 2021 state the following requirements for the application to the computer science master programme:
- A successfully completed Bachelor's degree equivalent to 180 ECTS credit points
- Having acquired at least 100 ECTS credit points in fundamental computer science and math courses, including at least 25 ECTS credit points on mathematical and theoretical computer science topics
- A completed thesis on a computer science topic equivalent to 10 ECTS credit points
- Either German or English language (B2 level) proficiency
If you fulfil these requirements and your degree grade is better than 2.5 (German grading system) you can be directly admitted to the programme. If you fulfil these requirements but with a grade worse than 2.5 you can still be invited to an oral aptitude test for admittance.