The programme consists of mandatory courses (125 ECTS) that include all mathematical and computer science fundamentals, as well as elective courses (25 ECTS) and transferable skills (20 ECTS). You can select your elective courses from a wide variety of computer science courses (15-25 ECTS) or from various application-oriented subjects (up to 10 ECTS). Additionally you hav to prepare a thesis (10 ECTS).
The regulations consist of the general academic and examination regulations (ASPO), the subject-specific provisons (FSB) and the list of modules (SFB).
- Subject-specific provisons (FSB) (German; official publication on 26.7.2018): Detailed regulations on the degree program
- List of modules (SFB): Lists all programme modules, their credit points, exams and other properties
- Programme progression plans, suggested curriculum (SVP): While you are free to design your own course schedule, we provide a few suggestions that are known to work well inside the standard length of programme
- Module catalogue: Describes the modules of this programme, including the scope of the modules, the responsible lecturers, the competencies to be acquired and the teaching contents
- Programme pages provided by the central academic advisory service
- Overview of all module catalogues and subject-specific provisons provided by the examination office
- Qualification objectives (German): The qualification objectives describe what is to be achieved by the course and provide an orientation of what is expected in the course
- General academic and examination regulations (ASPO, 2015): The ASPO contain legally binding information for all Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs at the University of Würzburg
Minimum ECTS score requirement ("Grundlagen- und Orientierungsprüfung", GOP)
In §5 the subject-specific provisions define minimum ECTS score requirements for the programme that are checked after the first and second semester. After the first semester specific mandatory courses with a minimum ECTS score of 15 have to be passed, a minimum of 35 ECTS have to be passed after the second exam. Both checks can be failed once and repeated in the following semester.
Further information is available in German.